Saturday 3 January 2009

It's Saturday ......

Well finally it's Saturday and I feel that things are beginning to slip back into our normal household routine after christmas, boys back to school on Monday so that'll help greatly, the house will no longer look like theres been an explosion in a toy shop.

The postman arrived this morning with some new crafting goodies, got a couple sets of new nestabilites and another embossing folder for my cuttlebug, building up quite a collection now.
I managed to make this card this evening, after a rather long afternoon with my mother.


I've used a Sugar Nellie stamp, (can you tell I'm a bit addicited to the Sugar Rush) this is Elisabeth Belles artwork called On A Rope Swing, I've had this stamp since it was released and am ashamed to say I've only just got round to inking her up, but I have to say I love her, she's sweet, she has been coloured in with promarkers, the papers again from my bit box(feeling quite happy with myself for using some of these bits up at last), and the flowers, gems and peel offs are from my stash box.

I've also managed to put this one together for the Monthly Card Swap on Crafters Companion, this month we had to make a shaped card, being a bit of a stamper this wasn't my thing, but after a long hard think I came up with this,


I used some old number templates and placed them together, drew round them and hand cut, yes hand cut round them, them repeated onto the black card and silver mirri board, then decorated the numbers with some silver peel offs, matted and layered some card and star paper to make the background.

Does this qualify as a shaped card??????

No comments: