Friday 6 January 2012

52 Xmas Cards - Anything Goes & Wk 1 Sundays with Santa & Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge

Happy Friday girls, well it is here as it's the boys last day of their school holidays, and boy am I looking forward to Monday morning, althought the peace and quiet will not be enjoyed to much as its back to the gym for me three mornings a week, last year i lost three stones in the final six months of the year and have already started back on my diet plan and aim to loss a few more stone this year, hopefully a couple of stone before we head to the sun in April.

Anyway onto the card I am sharing today, we have a wee group of crafty minded people on facebook that want to get ahead with our christmas cards so there was a group set up called Sundays with Santa, and YES we have started on this years christmas cards, we were broken in gently on week 1 with the theme of "ANYTHING GOES"

So heres my card for this weeks theme.......


I have to admit to having inked and stamped up this image to use for 2011 cards, but time ran away and it never saw any colour, so it was time to sort that out, out came my promarkers and flexis and a few spectrum noirs and I had a bash and this is what I came up with.

I have to admit i have had these Swalk images since they were released, (all of them) and this is the first time they've been coloured, ah well I've got all year to play with the rest, but I know come September/October I'll be buying this years christmas images and I'll end up keeping them until 2013 LOL.

Got to admit this little couple are very cute.

Used to create my card were

Image - Swalk from Crafters Companion
Coloured with - Combination of Promarkers/Fleximarkers and Spectrum Noirs
Card Stock - The papertrie @ Dyce
Cuttlebug
Embossing folders and a couple of Marianne dies.

I am also going to submit this card into 52 Weeks challenge which this week is also ANYTHING GOES,
and also Crafters Companion Monthly which is LOVE IS IN THE AIR.

Sadly I think my poor wee Cuttlebug is on its last legs, but as its a first generation one I can understand that its had its day and its served me well, now to decide to what to replace it with a new cuttle or a bigshot and short of leaning towards the big shot, but am in no hurry to replace it so will look around and see.

Anyway best move and feed my children.

Thanks for looking

XX Fi XX

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card Fiona - I do love the Swalk stamps.

Catherine x

Crystal said...

AWWWWW how CUTE, LOVE the sentiment!!!!!! :)

Dawn said...

Great card! That image is soooo cute!
Hugs
dawn xx

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card Fi!

Now, this would be a good time to keep up with the challenges on Sundays with Santa wouldn't it? A fresh start and all that eh?

Susan x

coops said...

stunning card fi.i love the white on white design and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fab Fiona, love love love it

Ali x